Recycling Drop-Off Centers
FIND A DROP-OFF CENTER NEAR YOU
LEARN HOW YOU CAN BECOME A DROP-OFF CENTER SITE SPONSOR
DSWA has over 75 drop-off centers across the state.
Since 1990, Delaware residents have used these drop-off centers at various locations to recycle their household
items. Sorting is now a thing of the
past! The drop-off centers are now single-stream, which means that residents will no longer have to sort their
recyclables prior to coming to the drop-off centers.
Listed below is accepted materials for the DSWA recycling program.
- Newspapers/ Brown Paper Bags
- Telephone/Soft Cover Books
- Junk Mail/Envelopes (all types)
- Paperboard (cereal/tissue boxes)
- Glass Bottles/Jars (any color)
- Aseptic Containers and Cartons
- Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
- #1 PET plastic food and beverage containers.
- #2 HDPE plastic food and beverage containers. No motor oil or anti-freeze containers.
- HDPE Mixed Rigid Plastics- kitty litter containers, small plastic buckets (up to 5 gallon), milk crates, small toys, and plastic trays.
- #4 LDPE butter tubs, sour cream containers, and margarine tubs.
- #5 Polypropylene yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers
- #7 Mixed plastics various containers. Cartons and aseptic containers- juice boxes, orange juice and milk cartons.
Many drop-off centers also accept corrugated cardboard, household
batteries, motor oil, oil filters, and textiles. These types of materials will continue to be collected in separate
containers due to their size or special nature.
If you have any questions about this
program, please contact the CITIZENS’ RESPONSE LINE at 1-800-404-7080.
At no cost to taxpayers, DSWA operates the statewide program, which averages three million pounds of recyclables
received each month.
What: Clean corrugated cardboard only
Preparation: Fold down to
fit in 60" x 5" opening
Not Accepted: Cereal boxes, shoe or tissue boxes, beverage holders (These items are to be deposited into the Single-Stream Containers.)
Product: New corrugated cardboard
What: Used motor oil, hydraulic or diesel oil
Preparation: Pour in
drain of oil container. Dispose of oil container in regular trash.
Not Accepted: Gasoline or gas
and oil mixture, anti-freeze, paint thinners or solvents
New Product: FCC Environmental collects the used oil to be processed in to fuel
What: Used car and truck oil filters
Not Accepted: Other steel products
New Product: Oil is squeezed out and used for fuel. Steel is
used to make new steel products
What: Small household batteries and button type (A's, C's, D's, watch, hearing aide, and camera)
Accepted: Car, motorcycle, or lantern batteries. Batteries are sorted by battery type and sent to market for recycling..
What: Usable Old clothing, shoes (pairs only), curtains, linens
Preparation: Place items
in leak-proof bags.
Not Accepted: Non-textile materials (rubber, vinyl), fabric scraps. No dirty
rags, oil-, gas-, or paint-soaked rags
Textiles are donated to Goodwill