1107 Willow Grove Rd
Felton, DE 19943
- Location: Route 10, Sandtown, Kent County
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Forms of Payment: We accept cash or check only. No credit card or debit card accepted.
From Rt. 13 South, take Rt. 10 West and proceed through the town of Camden.
From Camden, continue on Rt.
10 for about 12 miles to Sandtown. Turn right into CSWMC.
- Opening Date: October, 1980
- Size: 834 acres
Types of Waste Accepted:
- Municipal solid waste from DSWA licensed collection vehicles
- Residential solid waste - Small load collection area for residents
- Construction and demolition debris
- Asbestos -Category I & II Non-Friable (Special packaging and appointment is required.)
- White Goods - (Refrigerators, air conditioners, and other appliances) Refrigerant is removed by licensed
technician and scrap metals are recycled.
- Electronic Goods Recycling - Residents can recycle their electronic goods for various recycling applications
- Household Yard Waste - Residents can dispose of grass, leaves, branches and shrubs.
- For other and special waste, call the Citizens' Response Line at 1-800-404-7080 or click here for the Special Waste Policy
Click here for DSWA's
Landfill & Transfer Station user fees printable PDF - fees effective July 1, 2014.
- Private car or station wagon - $7.50
- Pick-ups, vans, trailers, etc. with waste weighing less than 180 lbs. - $7.50
- Pick-ups, vans, trailers, etc. with waste weighing more than 180 lbs. - $87.00/ton pro-rated
- Packer trucks/other large vehicles - $87.00/ton pro-rated
- Tires- $240.00/ton pro-rated
Small Load Collection Area
The Sandtown Landfill accepts household
waste from residents at the small load collection area. This area is located away from the
Recycling Drop-Off Centers
Residents using the Sandtown Landfill are encouraged to use the
Drop-Off Centers at the entrance to the facility before disposing of household waste.
To find the
nearest Drop-Off Center, use the search form here on this website, or call the CITIZENS' RESPONSE LINE at
1-800-404-7080. There is also a center on-site at the landfill for use prior to crossing the
Electronic Goods Recycling Program
The Sandtown Landfill accepts electronic goods from Delaware homeowners Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5
p.m. Delaware schools and businesses need to call the CITIZENS' RESPONSE LINE to schedule an
appointment to drop-off their electronic devices at the Delaware Recycling Center. This program
provides Delawareans with an opportunity to recycle unwanted electronic equipment. For a
detailed list of acceptable items, click here or call our CITIZENS' RESPONSE LINE.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
For information on Household Hazardous Waste Collection click here.
Collection Event Schedule is Here.